Saturday, June 18, 2016

Paleontology of a Past Love (Young Writer Special Feature)--By Jordan Thompson--United States

Paleontology of a Past Love

(I was digging inside myself for a fun, light-hearted story
that might illicit a giggle. I found one.)

My first love was an innovator-
he dunked his head in the school toilet
so he could style his hair in a Mohawk.
Other boys saw his ingenuous expression
and decided to do it themselves.
He was an inspired leader,
how I watched him with enthralled eyes.
He asked me to be his dinosaur wife and I knew
I was the coolest Jurassic babe of Mrs. Johnson’s kindergarten class.
I impressed him with my knowledge of all SEVEN Star Wars films
and my vocabulary of three whole swear words!
And on the monkey bars,
I officiated our love with a quick (dinosaur) kiss of the cheek.
I ran away.
He followed me, made a dinosaur roar,
and had me chase him back to our nest.
Our love lasted the whole school year;
Dinosaurs only have a short while until the asteroid comes.

Jordan Thompson is a young writer who is eager to share her work. When she is not writing, she is either studying for school or playing vinyl records, desperately trying to revive 1972.

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful. And welcome. I look forward to more of your work. Keep up the good words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan,
    A great first post. Welcome to Whispers! I hope to read more of your work.
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful imagination and way with words.
    It elicited a giggle. Hope to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well written! best to your endeavors -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordan,
    You have future for sure in poetry.
    Love the way your poem holds in a tight unity your title and content. We will be hearing more from you, I'm certain of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jordan welcome to the family, a very good fun write. I shall wait for more words to spill from your pen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jordan,

    It's good to see you already have so many comments on your wonderful poem. I enjoyed your humor, too. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

    Blessings and best wishes,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great fun write Jordan - I love writing with humour too and am working on a book at the moment:-):-) hugs jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jordan, Welcome to Whispersinthewind. I really enjoyed your poem. The humor was very funny and I can see that you enjoy writing. Keep up the writing you will never regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to Whispers, Jordan. It is was a pleasure to read your creativity in "Paleontology of a Past Love." A very well-written poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun read, wishing your great continued success with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Jordan! What a witty poem with a contemplative ending! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to Whispers Jordon. I much enjoyed your first submission to Whispers. Yes, it did illicit a giggle. Well written. Thank you for sharing your talent
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Modern poem indeed where love is full of technological assurance for its continuance- wishing her to more forward-

    ReplyDelete
  15. An excellent introduction of your talents Jordan, I hope we get to smile a lot reading your work! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to Whispers Jordan. I enjoyed this adorable look at a year many of us never forget. Very sweet. I will look forward to reading more! Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truly very talented! We'll look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your original style of writing and way of expressing yourself, Jordan. Immensely enjoyed this creative work:) All the best...paul

    ReplyDelete