Friday, June 3, 2016

Keep Looking Up--By Helen Dowd--Canada

Keep Looking Up

Keep looking up. God knows our needs
He always hears our prayer
He understands our hurting soul.
Our God is always there.

Sometimes when we are hurting,
we feel like giving up.
We cry aloud in anguish.
“Lord, I’ve had about enough.

“Please take me home! I’m tired of life.
I’m ready to give up!”
But listen carefully and you will hear,
“My child, look up. Look up!

“Keep looking up. Look up! Look up!
I am beyond the sky.
Although you may not see me,
I’m always standing by.”

So when you are discouraged,
Remember, this, my Friend.
Keep looking up. Look up! Look up!
God is with you to the end.

Helen Dowd enjoys spending time at her computer, along side her husband of 56 years, writing poetry, story poems, stories about pets and life in general, as well as inspirational and Bible stories. She has one book published. Her stories and poems have been published in several Anthologies. Helen hosts an inspirational online publication, www.occupytillicome.ca  She is presently a caregiver for her husband and sister, two dogs, four cats and 3 gold fish.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely and inspiring this is Helen. Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful inspirational piece, Helen. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete