Monday, April 29, 2013

Heartprints--By Betty Jo Mings--United States

Heartprints

Each thing I touch leaves fingerprints
The human eye can’t see.
My prints are all uniquely mine,
And my identity.

But I would like to leave heartprints
On those I touch today;
Heartprints of kindness and concern,
That point them to the way.

I want to find some souls in need,
And touch them tenderly,
While leaving heartprints of compassion
That the eye can’t see.

And may they feel the Savior’s love
In everything I do.
So in the heartprints that I leave,
That pure love will shine through.

Betty Jo lives in Garden Grove, California, with Rowland, her husband of over sixty years. She has three children, six grandchildren, and two great grandsons. She started writing poems as a child. Betty has two published books.  Her poems have also been featured in books, newspapers, and other periodicals, as well as dozens of sites on the Internet. She was recently inducted into the Aviation Poetry Hall of Fame. She continues to write poems that come straight from her heart – poems which honor and reflect her love for the Lord.  Her poems are also available on her personal Website, www.BettyJoMings.com  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Betty Jo,

    An inspiring, heartfelt poem that I enjoyed reading today. Very nicely written and I hope to read more of your work in the future.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Helen Dowd, for the following comment--

    Yes, Betty Jo, you DO leave heartprints on the lives of many. You have on my life. I am happy to have your poetry books in my home so that I can read and re read them from time to time. You are a blessing. Your reward in heaven will tell it all.

    God bless you,
    Helen Dowd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely composition, Betty. It indeed leaves a heartprint of joy and love on one who reads it. Warm regards and God blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Christine Tate, for the following comment--

    I love your inspiring poem. The message is beautiful, & a reminder that we are not an island unto ourselves, but commissioned by the Lord to reach out to others in need, & to be available to shine for Him everyday! Thank you for a lovely blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that reminder to all that God has touched makes the spirit in us dance with joy, amen and hallelujah! The greatest heartprint that God gave us was allowing His only Son to hang for our sins! May we never allow the world to so encroach in our lives that we forget that! Thank you Betty for enriching my day! Love Jane

    ReplyDelete