Friday, May 3, 2013

A Final Plea--By Carolyn Devonshire--United States

A Final Plea

I wonder if you can hear my cries.
With tear-filled eyes I look to the skies.
There’s no response; something inside dies.

I understand others have trouble;
life in pieces, I sort through rubble
and cast prayers aloft in hope’s bubble.

I meditate on my past mistakes
over sins committed, my heart aches.
Please listen, dear Lord, as my faith shakes.

I contemplate harm I’ve done others,
those I call my sisters and brothers,
as the hope within me now smothers

I stand in awe of Your great power -
and cast prayers aloft in hope’s bubble.
Please save this wretch in her last hour.

Carolyn Devonshire is from Ormond Beach, Florida

8 comments:

  1. Dear Carolyn -

    Amazing Grace was never sung better.

    love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dave Austin, for the following comment--

    Carolyn Devonshire's Final Plea is a fine work and, unfortunately, very sincere on her part. She is and has been a good chum of mine and I hope all will wish her well. Love, DAve Austin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Carolyn,

    Thank you for the kind comments you left for others today. I appreciate your support in making Whispers an encouraging community. This is a powerful poem Carolyn, one in which the emotion flows through your words. Blessings to you for sharing it for others to read.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a powerful prayer said with a measure of amazing humility and honesty. May your faith scale up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Christine Tate, for the following comment--

    Examining our own heart draws us closer to the Lord who already knows our deepest motives. An humble vessel is a useful one in God's hands. Thanks for sharing your heartfelt poem. I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetness we hear your cries from the soul and stand with you in your asking and need. None of us pefect and all with short fallings so none ore deserved than the rest. Claim your prayer and may your health and spirit rejoice and find peace. Thinking of you and your poem here that strikes a chord or two... Keep that ink flowing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Carolyn,

    My friend look at all these wonderful comments here. As you are a dear friend to many of us remember that you do have a strong circle of friends that care about you too. Keep the faith and stay strong my friend.

    Love Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Jack Horne, for the following comment--

    Such a moving write, my dear friend

    ReplyDelete