Monday, May 27, 2013

Question Mark--By Shannon O'Leary--United States

Question Mark

I think I am like this question mark
not knowing which way to go;
what is my spark?
Life can be confusing, tumbling,
and circling in my mind.
Never knowing what to find.
So when I see this question mark,
I see me.

Shannon O'Leary is a first grade teacher from Fargo, North Dakota. She provides creative writing activities to inspire her students. Her first-graders have published poems in a local newspaper. Shannon has published her own poetry in the following venues, Sketchbook, Snippets and Smile. She is the daughter of our editor.

11 comments:

  1. Your poetry gives one something to think upon. Yes, we are like question marks and in fact, the world is like a question mark! Great posting, well worded. Happy to see you have joined your Mother's beautiful website Shannon with your own thoughts on poetry...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rhoda,

    Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to have Shannon with us. Glad you liked her poem. Blessings to you my friend.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shannon -

    You are right - sometimes life seems like one big question mark. I try to accept rather than understand. Glad you are here.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a lovely thought. Poets are more question mark people than exlamation mark ones! So pleased you have joined us. Keep writing
    ralph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Arthur Ford, for the following comment--

    LOVE THE POEMS BY JACK CLUBB,MWANGUPILI AND SHANNON(I SEE SHE'S A "CHIP OFF THE YOUNG BLOCK")(LOL)!!!

    GOOD STUFF!!!!

    yours in words,
    arthur

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the challenge... finding what lies behind the question mark! Very nice... Terry (one of the 'klan'...???)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Jack Clubb, for the following comment--

    Life can be a "question mark" for all of us at times. No one has ever said the journey would be easy. Congratulations on a poem that states the challenges life brings us in such an artistic way.

    ReplyDelete