Friday, August 8, 2014

In Fields of Nature--By John W. (Bill) Williams--United States

In Fields of Nature

A walk through fields of nature
Kindles my innermost feelings
With the spectacular beauty
Of God’s inspiring gifts…
Budding trees and wild flowers awake
With a refreshing signal that the life
Of springtime embraces again…
Fox prowl in tall grass, searching
For an early morning catch;
In nearby meadows, deer graze peacefully…
Birds’ melodies quicken my spirit
As they greet me with inviting songs;
A rainbow’s color after a sudden rain
Moves my soul with a satisfying praise…
I never cease to utter a thankful prayer
For the reaches of God’s beauty
In fields of nature.

John W. (Bill) Williams is a retired language arts and children’s literature educator.  He lives in Martin, GA, where he stays busy with his art and poetry.  He has been published in a variety of venues.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful write, John! You express what I experience on my 3 mile jog in early mornings. It is one on one with nature, it is a private "chat" with God, it is inspiring and motivating filling one with great energy and exuberance! You paint a beautiful word painting, I may not see the deer or the fox - but, I can feel them there! It fills me up! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    You know I am a big fan of your work. I love the way you mix nature and spirituality in this poem. A fine job!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,

    I can but say "amen" to your feelings about the natural beauty God gave us. When the weather cools off, I look forward to seeing the deer, fox and wildflowers again along nearby nature trails.

    How beautifully you weave your words to give readers a vivid picture. Excellent work!

    Best wishes,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Bill. So inspirational and enlightening. Great job. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the lovely words on John's beautiful poem. I will send your comments to him. John, your poem is so uplifting and inspirational. Your faith shines through your words. Thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete