Saturday, August 2, 2014

Reading The Poets--By Pam Murray--Canada

Reading The Poets

I tried to walk in their footprints
The stride was much too long
And my voice seemed to fumble
When I tried to sing their song.

Yet the joy was wrapped around me
Immersed in what I’ve read;
So many dreams and visions
To filter through my head.

I tried to write of their seasons
But the words had all been used
And when I read each feeble line
I felt they’d be amused.

Yet, still the joy falls around me
And fills my spirit full.
A single verse of poetry
Has such a magical pull.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Pam Murray has been writing poetry since the mid-1960’s.  She was married for over 41 years and has two daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson.  Pam has been published in a variety of venues.  Her proudest writing accomplishment was a poem she wrote for a United Way fundraiser, which was later framed with a French translation and hung on the wall of the legislature in Ottawa, Canada.  To her, poetry is a transposition of a vision she sees in her mind.  Writing and crocheting are her passions.

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Pam, I really like where this poem goes and I can almost hear that echo, either of legendary poets or ancestral echoes that cannot or will not soon be forgotten. Very creative and beautiful, indeed! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shari, I derive such joy from reading poetry; both the famous and the unknown. There is always a part in each poem that touches me.

      Delete
  2. Dear Pam:
    You have captured so well our desire as poets to emulate the greats...I guess to write our experiences for generations to come is our destiny and let them decide it's worth.
    Always a pleasure to read your thoughts.
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suz. I have a few books of classic poetry and always get such joy from reading them. :)

      Pam

      Delete
  3. When a poet expresses from their heart, others learn new emotions by reading their words thus, always finding maybe the same words, but expressed in a new way. Very nice! Rhoda / Expressions -chesakat1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhoda, I couldn't put it better than you have.

      Pam

      Delete
  4. Very well stated, Pam. Nice work. Artful and delightful, Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maurice. I'm so pleased you enjoyed this poem.

      Pam

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Jack Horne, for the following--

    Pam - lovely flow to this - and I know just how you feel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Pam, my sentiments exactly. I truly enjoyed the well written read and could relate with every word. Thank you for sharing your talent with us here on Whispers. Keep sharing..
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete