Thursday, November 14, 2013

Barefoot in Paradise--By David Austin--United States

Barefoot in Paradise

There is a special place
That my memory serves,
Far beyond worldly eyes
Barefoot in Paradise

Where is a perfect light
From no sun, and me free
Padding, weightless, ‘neath blue sky
Barefoot in Paradise

Where is tranquil music
From no man-crafted source
Where I need only listen
Barefoot in Paradise

Though indescribable,
A rainbow of colors
Will surround and kindly blend
Barefoot in Paradise

May I now sit me down,
Mantra inwardly humming,
To seek the light and sound.
Barefoot in Paradise

David Austin is professional violinist and teacher, who communicates through poetry. He has played with the Cincinnati Symphony, taught at Colorado College and various public schools. He is a published author, who has been writing poetry and novels for over 40 years. His pride and joy is a shelter in which he feeds and cares for animals.  David is a member of Poetry Soup.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Daver,
    When illness or the burdens of Earthly life bring me down, I look forward to being "Barefoot in Paradise." I believe that we are free of pain when we enter everlasting life. Your last verse was amazing. What a great poem! Love, Carolyn Devonshire

    ReplyDelete
  2. David I really enjoyed this poem! Thank you for sharing your talent and a bit of paradise. My particular brand of Paradise is wearing no shoes for sure. The first thing I do when I get home from anywhere is kick off my shoes and I breath a sigh of relief thanking my stars I can be comfortable once again.
    Love, Charlene McCutcheon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful David, there is a serenity found from all things of peace. Mother Nature to me merely offers us a small glimpse of what is to come. To find that oneness with nature and all that is natural whilst here on Earth is to embrace that that is given freely and yet it brings a richness we can gain no other way. It is tuning out to the worldly pollution where we can deeply meditate and re-tune our thoughts and mind so our souls can find direction in facing all life throws at us in daily stress or pain. And how much of this do we do/notice without thinking. If this is small glimpse - how much is to come? Thankyou for sharing your poetry/thoughts with us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words have such beauty and rhythm. I am not at all surprised to see in your bio that you are a violinist. I hope to read more of your work in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, I like the tone and style of this poem. Nice read. Thank you for sharing.

    -MJ
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Robert Dufresne, for the following comment--

    Hello Daver my friend. I've not been around much and I'm so glad to see your artistry again. I love this poem "barefoot in Paradise". You have, in my opinion, many unique styles and this poem just gets better as i continue to read it. Thanks Austin ..so glad to have found you again. Bob D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Daver,

    Upon first glance, your title seemed familiar. I thought I'd read it before. I don't think so now. Barefoot in paradise brings heaven on earth to mind. I remember walking with my cousin in the country at a very early age (5 or 6) barefoot and free as a breeze.

    love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Daver - such lovely words from your caring heart. Always a joy to read you - bringing a gentle moment to one's mind...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete