Wednesday, March 2, 2016

An Evening's Solitude--By Pam H. Murray--Canada

An Evening's Solitude

Through twilight shadows I am driving home
Seeking warmth within my lamp lit place
The chill of winter shimmers on the ground
As breath becomes white crystal; just a trace

Of yesterday is dancing through my mind.
I let dreams rest until I am alone
And think of days when I was one of two.
Tonight I’ll take them out when I’m alone

And smile because these treasures are still mine
To cherish in an evening’s solitude.
I’ll hear your voice and feel your gentle tears
Happy that we share this interlude.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Pam Murray has been writing poetry since the mid-1960’s.  She was married for over 41 years and has two daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson.  Pam has been published in a variety of venues.  Her proudest writing accomplishment was a poem she wrote for a United Way fundraiser, which was later framed with a French translation and hung on the wall of the legislature in Ottawa, Canada.  To her, poetry is a transposition of a vision she sees in her mind. Writing and crocheting are her passions.

3 comments:

  1. This poem just blows me away... Once in a very blue moon, I will read a piece and muse, "I wish I had written this."
    Now is just such a time.

    Greetings, Pam, from West Tennessee... Myke Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful and poignant poem, and written so well.
    It moved me as it did you Myke.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,
    I agree with Jo and Myke. This poem is brilliant and especially touching.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete