Sunday, November 26, 2017

Resonance--By Nancy Brewka-Clark--United States

Resonance

As I lie in the capsule, thankful
for the cool air, the softness of
the pad beneath my strapped ankles
and gowned body, I imagine
morning glories bursting into life
all about me, naming each bloom
after someone I love. I surprise myself
by being just slightly sorry to be
released before blessing every soul
in this universe of help and healing.

Nancy Brewka-Clark lives in Beverly, Massachusetts on Boston’s North Shore. Her fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and plays have been published by Routledge U.K., Adams Media, YouthPLAYS of Los Angeles, The Boston Globe and The Thomas Merton Seasonal Poetry of the Sacred among others.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nancy, You wrote a heartfelt poem with great imagery.
    Thank you for your contribution.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete