Monday, December 4, 2017

Archive Selection--By Helen Dowd--Canada--Originally Published--November 16, 2013

The Man with the Thorn Scarred Face

I looked at the dying Man's thorn-scarred face.
I tried to turn away.
I saw the whip-marks on His back,
From the lashes they gave Him that day.
I saw the nails that pierced His hands.
I saw the blood from His feet.
It was then I saw the love in His eyes;
It was then, our eyes did meet.
Again I looked at the Man hanging there.
No longer did I turn away.
I knew His face was scarred for me.
Christ saved me on that day.

Helen Dowd enjoys spending time at her computer, along side her husband of 60 years, writing poetry, story poems, stories about pets and life in general, as well as inspirational and Bible stories. She has one book published. Her stories and poems have been published in several Anthologies. Helen hosts an inspirational online publication, www.occupytillicome.ca  She is presently a caregiver for her husband and sister, one dog, five cats and 6 gold fish.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Helen,

    Congratulations on being one of our writers to receive our Archives Selection honor! Thank you for sharing your moving poem, which touches my soul. It is a joy to have you a part of our Whispers' community moving forward.

    Blessings,
    Karen, Inge and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Helen, your poem describes true faith. A solace for those who are in (emotional) need.
    Wonderful to see your poem published again.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete