Friday, December 15, 2017

Our Whispers’ Team—Sharing Words

Dear Whispers’ Friends,

I announced our team members earlier this month: Inge Wesdijk (Daginne Aignend), The Netherlands and Jack Horne, England.  I believe we are a blend, able to look at things from a variety of perspectives. 

The Links to January’s opportunities—Please Check Them Out!



In looking to the future, we want to offer a variety of options.  We are open to poetry articles from guest columnists, suggestions, interviews, and other things that can provide variety and information helpful to writers and readers.  The most important—is to find what works best for our audience.

I hope you enjoy this collaborative poem by Inge and Jack.  Their bios are listed below their poem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Written perception

By Inge Wesdijk (Daginne Aignend), the Netherlands & Jack Horne, England

Whispering words
of encouragement,
an inspiration to spread
the purity of words,
beauty and solace
softly caressing the mind.

Yes, the written word,
its beauty, a balm for my eyes,
that fires my imagination
with a universe of wonder;
the aesthetics of its alphabet 
decoded in poetry and prose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inge Wesdijk is a Dutch writer, poetess, and photographic artist who works under the pseudonym Daginne Aignend. She likes hard rock music and fantasy books. She is a vegetarian and spends a lot of time with her animals.

Jack Horne lives in Plymouth, England. Writing is his main interest & much of his work, including poems, articles, shorts stories & novels, has been published.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In addition, I hope the following poem shares what I believe in regarding the writing process--

Changing Course

Coal
dusted
clouds gather,
casting shadows
on the destiny
I created.  They call me
narrow minded.  Maybe I
was?  In the future, my plans will
be sketched in chalk instead of confirmed
in concrete, allowing for adjustments.
Karen O’Leary is a writer and editor from West Fargo, ND.  She has published poetry, short stories, and articles in a variety of venues including, Frogpond, A Hundred Gourds, Haiku Pix, bear creek haiku, Shemom, Creative Inspirations and NeverEnding Story. She edits an online journal called Whispers http://whispersinthewind333.blogspot.com/ She enjoys sharing the gift of words.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope more of you will continue on our journey of sharing the gift of words—crossing borders and time, hoping to make a difference.

Blessings and best wishes,

Karen O’Leary

Whispers’ Editor

21 comments:

  1. Thank you to the Whispers team for your inspiring words!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Clarissa,

      I hope you will be able to share your words for one or more of our January options. It's contributors like you that breathe life into our poetry community.

      Blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
    2. PS--Thank you Clarissa for your lovely comments.

      Karen

      Delete
    3. Dear Clarissa,

      Poems are little pearls from the mind, wonderful to share with each other. I thank you warmly for your appreciation and hope you will share some of your musings with Whispers in the future.

      All my best,
      Inge

      Delete
  2. Great to be a part of Whispers, we share thoughts and get motivated constantly .. thanks to the wonderful team !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dr. Sharma,

    It is so good to have you a part of our Whispers journey. Thank you for your kind words.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Upma,

    Thank you so much for your contributions to Whispers. Poets keep Whispers alive by their fostering words.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Inge! Our poets are artists sharing their gifts. I wish all of our Whispers' community a wonderful holiday season. Hope many of you will join us in the coming year.

      Blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
  5. Inge, Jack and Karen,
    What beautiful poems you have presented here! Blessings for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Yours truly,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear David,

      Thank you for the compliment. I wish you and your loved ones also a Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy 2018.

      All my best,
      Inge

      Delete
    2. Dear David,

      You are so encouraging to others. Thank you so much for your lovely words. I hope you will continue with us in the New Year.

      Blessings and best wishes,
      Karen

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the lovely comments & to Inge for writing with me. A beautiful poem from you, Karen, & my thanks for your support & friendship over the years xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jack,

      What a special gift you are here at Whispers. Thank you for your kind words. With you and Inge, we have a wonderful team that I look forward to working with in the New Year.

      Many Blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
  7. Karen, thank you for all that you do... well above the call of duty. You provided me with a voice so that my words could be heard in the hearts of many, and for that I am truly grateful my friend, Emile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Emile,

      It is talented writers like you that make Whispers possible. It is such a joy to have you a part of our writing community. May you continue to find joy in your gift of words.

      Blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
  8. What wonderful inspiring words. Jack,Inge and Karen your poems are such that I feel inclined to put aside other important things long enough to create a poem for January, my "dream" being that I will finish one,in view of the fact I have so many calls for my attention. But hey, now Whispers is calling and Whispers is important to me too. Getting my priorities in order is nor always an easy task. Thank you for your inspiration and the encouragement it gives me to participate.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Charlene,

      I consider a poem from you and our Whispers community as little presents from the heart, worth sharing!
      I'm so glad you're inspired by our words and willing to contribute to our topic 'Dreams'

      Best wishes,
      Inge

      Delete
  9. Three Cheers for the Written Word... I love Daginne and Jack's take on this "Written perception." I have not added an image to a poem in several years.

    As for Karen's etheree, it is exquisite. Those are impossible for me to comprehend, much less write. "Changing Course" blows me away.

    I am going to try to kindle my muse this month, if I can get her to talk to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Michael,

      Your friendship is a gift in my life. Sharing the gifts that we have are blossoms that give others encouragement. Thank yo so much for your support over the years.

      Blessings and best wishes,
      Karen

      Delete
  10. Dear Michael,

    Thanks for your kind comments, I really hope you can make your muse talk to you again and I look forward to your (and her) creation.

    All my best,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inge and Jack,

    Thank you for what you do at Whispers. I look forward to participating in the wonderful activities the both of you create in the New Year. Thank you, Karen, for all you do as well. It is truly a pleasure knowing each of you.

    -MJ
    www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete