Sunday, December 17, 2017

Archive Selection--By Eleanor Michael--United States--Originally Published February 4, 2016

Long-Retired,
ME and the Mirror

The other day I woke
feeling so good.
I thought, “Today’s
the day I could
go look for work.”

Then, I got out of bed
tottered to the bathroom,
stepped on the scale,
and washed my hands.
I saw my reflection
in the cabinet glass.

That did it! Who,
in their right mind,
would hire the ME
in the mirror?

Maybe, with make-up,
a new hairdo . . .
lose a few pounds . . .

Eleanor Michael has published poetry and short stories in a variety of venues.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Eleanor,

    Since this was an archive celebration and the holiday season, please don't get discouraged about the lack of comments. The honor was one of my co-editors selected for the month. We were in a transition period and have come to share what we hope will be a better fit for writers going forward.

    Thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete