In an effort to increase opportunities for contributors and other writers, Whispers is offering an opportunity for collaborative poetry. Two or more writers may collaborate to submit poems for consideration to be featured at the site. At least one writer must be a current contributor.
1. Submissions of unpublished and previously published work are acceptable. Please do not send quotes from others unless they are in the context of the piece submitted and that the original author is given credit. It is up to the authors to obtain permission if needed for reprints. By submitting to Whispers, the writers are assuring that the work is their own. Whispers reserves the right to delete any work that has been copied from other writers without credit or authorization.
2. Send one poem 40 lines or less
3. These features will be in addition to the regular submission opportunities. Any writer submitting for a feature will still be able to submit a single author poem every other month. All authors of the poems submitted must provide consent for publication.
4. No profanity, erotica, violence or other derogatory writing will be accepted.
5. Whispers reserves the right to select poetry based on the goal stated at the end of the guidelines.
6. Spiritual poetry is welcomed but the editor would like to have a variety of pieces that will uplift and inspire readers. Humor is appreciated.
7. Poetry will be published along the left margin for consistency. Please keep that in mind when submitting.
8. Preferred method of submission is to send poetry as a works document or in the body of an email with your name and country. Please email your submission to Karen O’Leary at email@example.com If you would rather submit by snail mail, please email Karen for her address. You may email her with any questions you may have.
9. I hope you also participate by commenting on others’ writing.
In this challenging time for many, it is the hope that Whispers will connect people in a way that is supportive, encouraging and inspiring to others. Thank you for considering being a part of this community.