Friday, October 4, 2013

Magic Hours--By Pam Murray--United States

Magic Hours

As night steals down the silent streets
It brings a peaceful solitude.
I gaze beyond my windowsill
And wish the day would not intrude.

Night has no cares to worry me,
Just quiet thoughts meandering
Through distances and memories.
Who knows what future years will bring?

I sink into my favourite chair,
Close my eyes and drift along
Content to let these magic hours
Move slowly in an ageless song.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Pam Murray has been writing poetry since the mid-1960’s.  She was married for over 41 years and has two daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson.  Pam has been published in a variety of venues.  Her proudest writing accomplishment was a poem she wrote for a United Way fundraiser, which was later framed with a French translation and hung on the wall of the legislature in Ottawa, Canada.  To her, poetry is a transposition of a vision she sees in her mind.  Writing and crocheting are her passions.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jack Clubb, for the following comment--

    We often have these wonderful moments of peace and meditation. Pam has captured it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Pam -

    Once again you settle me with your "magic" verse. I there any place I can read the "Ottawa" poem?

    love always,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete