Friday, February 7, 2014

Love’s Trust--By Jane Richer--Canada

Love’s Trust-Acrostic Valentine

Learning to split a single heart to make room for two.
Opening two souls, for the I creature is now We.
Vanquishing the misconception that a single struggle is better.
Enriching a once incomplete life with a soul-mate that completes you.
Savoring the little moments of a shared hectic bliss.

Touching all the bases that a couple can expand on.
Realizing that two lives shared, brings you closer to finding out who you are.
United in the awareness and the desires of your life partner.
Seeking a measure of strength from each other.
Tasting the tantalizing acknowledgement that two can reap bountiful fruit.

Jane Richer is a poet and writer who lives in Alberta, Canada. She is published online and in print. She loves to poke fun at herself and rather likes to write tongue-in-cheek poetry but she will dabble in all kinds of genres to widen her creative nature. She loves to 'sister'- (write a complimentary poem) and feels that is the greatest form of acknowledgment and respect in expression for another poet's talent.

8 comments:

  1. How very beautiful this is, Jane! I love how you have originally expressed your soul mate! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful outlook on love! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I truly loved reading this exquisite description of two hearts in one and the blessing of sharing ones life with another. I could feel these really deeply felt words coming from such a talented heart. Your poem touched my heart. Thank you.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, this had me in tears, but in the best possible way. It's so very beautiful. I'm so happy to have shared it with you as I read it.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the acrostic form and you have done it so well. You started out with a bang, with your first line, but my favorite line is "Opening two souls, for the I creature is now We." How true. A great valentine's write...romantic, and lovely. Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your very first line captured me! Way to go with this lovely poetry. Many will enjoy taking a moment to read your poetry...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jane -

    "shared hectic bliss" Those three words jumped out at me. I am seldom a fan of acrostic, but this is more than that. It is a gently constructed reminder that a life shared can be bliss.

    love you,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jane,
    Indeed, sharing a life with someone else brings far more joy that going alone. If you find someone whose presence gives you strength, hang on to them. Love this write! Best wishes, Carolyn Devonshire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane. I am not familiar with the acrostic form, but I love the poem you shared with us. The first two verses are very powerful and set the tone for the rest of the poem. Enjoyed reading "Loves Trust." Continued blessings!

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications / Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete