Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Flame Once Burned--By Rick Parise--United States

A Flame Once Burned

My sizzling flame has faded in the midst of Summer's embrace
and taken my virgin flower of delicately woven lace

In subtle shadows and fading light
silently in bewilderment I crumble without sight

For each year of happiness and silver dream abound
now a resonating memory silent without a sound

As I walk the cobble stone path where our days had found no end
I raise my arms above and pray for this love to mend

If only a God-sent chance should fall my weary way
this love I would cherish endless with each passing day

In subtle shadows and fading light
each memory of you held forever in soft moonlight

Rick Parise, known as “A Pondering Poet”, is from the beautiful land of Salem, Oregon.  The main focus of his poetry is to take the reader to a meaningful, personal time in their lives, to a place where spirit's are touched and memories unwind. He hopes you enjoy his work. To Contact Rick please email him at rapondering@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Rick, your flame is definitely burning in this beautifully written poem. Some memories might be hard to take but if they tend to inspire as is the example of this write, then we should be grateful for the inspiration! Welcome to Whispers! Hope to read more! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyon.net

    ReplyDelete