Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dreams, Thoughts and Moments--By Robert Hewett Sr.--United States

Dreams, Thoughts and Moments

Every little dream I dream at night
has you safe in my arms holding me tight.
Every little thought I think each day
has your beautiful eyes looking my way.
Each little moment of my daily life,
I have happy thoughts of you as my wife.
My every heartbeat is for your love.
I sing with the raindrops sent from above.
But, alas, such deep love can never be;
that love would be strong as an oak tree.
Even roses don’t last, not even for me.
Dreams are just wishful thinking.
Thoughts are gone as quick as blinking.
Moments never stay around very long
So love of my life I will sing you a song.

Robert Hewett Sr. was born in 1933 on a Texas cotton farm. He moved to Oklahoma City at Age 14 and entered the U. S Army from there in 1953. Robert has been writing poetry and short stories for his family and himself since his teen years, but is just now publishing his collection of works. His hobbies include writing poetry and stories; clock and watch collections; gardening and growing flowers and shrubs from cuttings. Most of his poetry tells a story, a gift from his father who was a master story teller. He has received numerous awards for his work in his professional life and for his writing. You can find some of his writings at "roberthewettsr.hubpages.com"

7 comments:

  1. Nicely-written, Robert. I enjoyed reading your poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rev MJ, I will be over to visit your site soon

      Delete
  2. Lovely, heartfelt poem Robert. Enjoyable to read. Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine I appeciate your comment. Bob

      Delete
  3. Wow...it must be the bright moon here but your poem resounds deep in my soul. Now, I hope to dedicate this to a lovely one. You have blessed my evening with your verse and I thank you kindly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Su'eddie, you really made me smile with thanks for your wonderful comment. Best wishes to you and your lovely one and Blessings on you both. Robert

      Delete
  4. A beautiful romantic poem dedicated to your lovely wife Robert. It was a pleasure to read. Take care always, Lee

    ReplyDelete