Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Love Everlasting--By Linda Hurdwell--England

Love Everlasting

I might have gone but you mustn’t fear
You can’t see me now yet I am here.
I’m in a snowflake or splash of rain
I’m the soft breeze that soothes your pain
You’ll feel my kiss in the morning dew
You’ll catch my love in a hazy hue
And when the sun is hot and strong
My smile is wide as I sing a song
You’ll hear my voice as the wind plays
Bellowing and blowing on gusty days
I’m in the flowers, the grass, the air
I’m a cloud, a leaf in nature’s lair
And when it’s dark and cold and bleak
My arms will hug you as I speak
Whisper to my children dear
Don’t weep, don’t fret, for I am here

Linda Hurdwell has been a widow for 5 years.  She has two adult sons. Living in the English countryside, she takes her dog, Bessie, for a daily walks and that's where many of her poems and stories are born.  She has always loved writing and has a few short stories published.  Although now a pensioner,  she enjoys working with adults with learning disabilities and running a mencap social club once a week.  Her hobbies are writing, tap dancing, and going to the theatre or cinema with my friends.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lin,
    A very touching piece and very sensitively written.
    Love,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your heartfelt poem Linda. I thought it was lovely! Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heart-toucher. Beautifully written. A joy to read and meditate upon. Thank you for sharing, Linda. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete