Monday, August 3, 2015

The Pen and the Inkstand--By Ron Larson--United States

The Pen and the Inkstand

The inkstand said to the pen, “I’m more important than you are.
In the creative process, I tower over you by far.”
The pen replied, “Not so, your ink would stay a mess without me.”
Then the poet walked in the door, and he had to intercede.

He said, “Boys, I’ve just returned from a nice concert tonight.
Would you think it right if the bow and a violin had a fight?
I don’t. In artistic endeavors, we all are necessary.
God uses us to give pleasure and insight to humanity.”

Ron Larson is a retired community college professor (Ph.D.) and has had both fiction and non-fiction published in various journals over the years. He has been writing poetry for the last two years. His poems have been accepted by such diverse magazines as The American Dissident, Big Pulp, and WestWard Quarterly.

4 comments:

  1. Such a creative mind you have. I really enjoyed reading your intellectual poem this evening. What a grandiose piece, Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice. I really enjoyed this, Ron. Fun and witty. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ron...A wonderful, clever poem. It was fun to read. Thanks for sharing. Good wishes, Chris~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very original piece of work Ron I am most impressed and the message in the poem is very good also thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete