Friday, August 7, 2015

When I Am Gone--By Eleanor Michael--United States

When I Am Gone

Some days I feel
if any essence
of me remains
let it be in the wind -
whether a mild zephyr
or cooling current -
passing gently,
carrying the breath
of flowers or support
for the wings of birds.
Still, if any awareness
stays, I will miss
the touch of family
and many friends.

There is always
a price for freedom
without restraint,
roots or commitments.

Eleanor Michael has published poetry and short stories in a variety of venues.

5 comments:

  1. What a delightful poem. You have enamored me by the glorious grandiosity of this piece. Great work,

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touching and heart-felt, Eleanor. Wonderful write. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete