Thursday, August 13, 2015

My World--By Joyce I. Johnson--United States

My World

In the middle of the universe I stand,
In the wonder of a world prepared for me.
God has provided all I need,
With some cautions I should heed,
As well as ears to hear and eyes to see.

He sends no bill to pay at end of day
And no millionaire could buy what he gives free.
It is really only fair
That he asks me to take care
And no being goes extinct because of me.

We don't know if in this universe immense
There is another world as wonderful as ours
Where even the fertile sod
Is a gracious gift from God
Along with all the sunshine and rain showers.

Everything this world needs, our God has given
And the only realm more perfect is God's Heaven.

Joyce I. Johnson lives in the beautiful Skagit Valley of Washington State. She owns a small farm and rents her land to a bulb grower. She is surrounded by beauty in the spring from the tulips and daffodils that inspire much of her poetry. Joyce celebrated her 96th birthday in July of 2014.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Joyce. What an inspirational and uplifting poem you have written and shared with us. It brought a smile to my face. Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good words and thoughts here Joyce..'

    ReplyDelete