Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Christ Consciousness--By Yancy Dalton--United States

Christ Consciousness (a sonnet)
  
Jesus taught by both example & words
Love one another even thrilled love birds
Love as ye live, do not quarrel or fight
Give up thy pride, follow my divine light

Repent & be baptized my humble ways
Holy Ghost is given, hearts guiding rays
Follow my ordained servants at all times
The chosen vessels of my priesthood lines

Find your way in my living head apostle
Who's with authority, my chosen vessel
Savior of mankind, all ages & kinds
Your shepherd brother from our father binds

In me, find eternal life, don't just glance
You're not on earth by accident or chance

Yancy Dalton grew up on a cattle ranch riding, roping and branding calves. He started writing poetry after college, church mission and marriage.  When he first started writing online, the name "Yancy" was often taken for a girl's name. So, he made up a pen name to progress as a poet called "Knight Writer."

10 comments:

  1. Very nice Yancy I agree nothing is by chance xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan,
      To many live life on the law of chance. Jesus wants it to be for us a sure thing.
      Knight Writer

      Delete
    2. I am happy you enjoyed this Maurice,
      Brought me to the fact how hard sonnets are to write.
      Knight Writer

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing "Christ Consciousness" Yancy. I enjoyed it. Continued blessings!

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Knight Writer,

    A lesson learned from the past into the world of the here & now. A poem to ponder about. Thank you for your contribution.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Igne,
      Thanks for the hard work you do helping writers like me to get the writing right.
      Knight Writer

      Delete
  4. lovely work - i especially like the last line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack,
      Your encouragement is much appreciated
      Knight Writer

      Delete
  5. We are all part of a divine plan, Yancy, although the final outcome depends on us! Regards // paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul,
      I agree with you & have discovered the plan for all mortals are the same no mater at what age in time we are born.
      Knight Writer

      Delete