Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Disney Fairy Tale--By Lanette Kissel--United States

A Disney Fairy Tale

Fantasy versus reality.
Real life always appears to pale,
when compared to the wonderful splendor
of a Disney fairy tale.

Simply throw in a villainous witch
and her dark and dastardly deed.
Then save the day with a handsome knight
upon his powerful steed.

He arrives to fight the dragon
with breath of fire and blazing eyes,
in order to save the lovely maiden
and cut the villain down to size.

The hero and his lady,
after tasting true love’s kiss
enjoy a happily ever after
and a life of wedded bliss.

Lanette Kissel lives in southern Indiana with her adopted Yorkie-Poo, Benjy. She enjoys writing Inspirational poetry, essays, articles, and some secular fiction. Her work has been published in small print publications and in online magazines. Some of her fiction has been published as e-books at Red Rose Publishing.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lanette! Enjoyed this rhyming poem which flows pleasantly by. Fairytales are meant to distract us from the everyday problems that crop up in real life. That is why it is not only children who love them, but also grownups. // paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only every story ended that way...
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lanette, I loved your poem because I too love fairy tale endings and this reminded me that my own made up fairy tale endings are so sweet to think upon. I need to do that more often and so thank you for this well written poem that reminds me to think on the good that will be if I will just keep my focus there. Because I just happen to believe with God all things are possible.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lanette. Very nice poem. Simplistic and full of life. I really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete