Friday, September 5, 2014

Mountain Dreams--By Pam H. Murray--Canada

Mountain Dreams

Fog drifting in amongst the trees
Creating drip drop melodies
And grizzlies in safe habitat
This was the view from where we sat

Reminding me that I am blessed
Though trees might seem so winter pressed.
A day spent near the mountain peak
Reminded me that wild woods speak

Of ancient days and solitude.
Where modern life cannot intrude
We found a place that brings rebirth
And oneness with our Mother Earth.

Born in Calgary, Alberta, Pam Murray has been writing poetry since the mid-1960’s.  She was married for over 41 years and has two daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson.  Pam has been published in a variety of venues.  Her proudest writing accomplishment was a poem she wrote for a United Way fundraiser, which was later framed with a French translation and hung on the wall of the legislature in Ottawa, Canada.  To her, poetry is a transposition of a vision she sees in her mind.  Writing and crocheting are her passions.

8 comments:

  1. Pam, it is indeed moments such are you define in your poem, which remind us how blessed we are! Beautiful poem. Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Beth, for the following--

    Reading this: I'm there, sitting with the writer, feeling her presence and enjoying the solitude.

    Beth Winchcombe-England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, thanks for the reminder of my early years spent in the mountains and the woods with my family at vacation time, just enjoying the solitude and joy of God's creations. And yes the woods do whisper in the wind of ancient days. I never tired of those vacations and hated to have to go home. Loved the poem so well written and lovely.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to Canada, but this reminds me of some pictures and accounts I have seen, from Banff. Very nice poem here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been there but don't think I could have expressed my sentiments as well. You must have been peeking me out. Thanks for the beautiful refresher. Ron Grognet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam. I love your poem. I feel the beauty and peace within the lines and verses. I have yet to visit a mountainous state, but I do plan to. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Pam:
    You always take me back to Nature in a positive way with unblemished rhyme
    and wonderful words.
    Aloha,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete