Friday, September 5, 2014

Fantasyland--By David Fox--United States

Fantasyland

Welcome to a place called Fantasyland
Where the air is fresh and the weather is grand.
Party with a fairy, elf or sprite
Dance around with great delight
Make friends with a butterfly, and fly about free,
I could exist here happily!

David has been published most recently in Smile, Poet's Digest, The Pink Chameleon, Creative Inspirations, Pancakes in Heaven, The Shine Journal, The Jokester, Weekly Avocet and Forte Green Literary Review. He publishes and edits The Poet's Art, a print journal that accepts family-friendly poetry.  Contact him at ipoetdavid@gmail.com for more information.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful, David! Love your exuberance, your exceptional talent in bringing all the innocent wonders to life and the unity you express therein is so delightful! Always amazed and thrilled to read you! Sheri www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, I loved the poem! Isn't it fun to just let go all cares and just fantasize for a while. I too could exist like your poem suggests, for a bit. But alas we do have to come back to earth. Thanks for a moments respite from reality. I do enjoy reading you.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David. Fun and poem. Thanks for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful David, my kinda poem. well done. more please best wishes. Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Gerald Heyder, for the following--

    David--I'm so glad you enjoyed my poem. Your poem, "Fantasyland," is so refreshing and delightful! It is fantasy in life to keep people from going crazy! Good poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, John Williams, for the following--

    I love the line "I make friends with a butterfly and fly about free..." I think here are times when we'd all like to take a similar flight--alone in the arms of peace.

    ReplyDelete