Thursday, September 11, 2014

Special Feature Collaborative Poem--By Jane Richer and Pam Murray--Canada

The Richness of Our Friendship

By Jane Richer and Pam Murray

A friend is a person that cares even when you don't;
A like minded spirit who holds you when life won’t.
You can feel their love even though you are miles apart.
A true friend always has space in your heart.

When you feel you can't cope anymore,
You see the truth, just what good friends are for.
A soul sister or brother that knows you best.
A safe haven, where you can come to rest

Pity the ones that have not yet found that special friend!
It was a melding we knew would not end.
Thank God that He gave you this wondrous soul!
It anchors me when Life’s out of control.

No matter what may trip us up or come our way
The richness of our friendship always saves the day
So if you feel that the world is closing in,
No room for loss, our true friendship will win.

14 comments:

  1. How very lovely and such a wonderful collaboration Jane and Pam. A true friend is such a treasure and you captured the essence of true friendship. Thank you for sharing your talents with us here on Whispers. The poem was a joy to read.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Charlene. Jane and I have been friends for a long time.

      Pam

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Helen Dowd, for the following--

    I like this poem. It has a good message, and a good rhyme, and as you know, I like rhyming poetry. Thanks Jane and Pam, fellow Canadians. God bless you and give you many friends...Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, As my pseudonym suggests, I like rhyming too. :)

      Pam

      Delete
  3. Jane and Pam,
    This shows the true meaning of friendship! Good job!
    Sincerely,
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, Jane and I have a longstanding friendship. We used to live much closer and we used to write quite a few of these collaborations. It is such fun to write with another person and there are so many ways to do so. We've done one where each wrote a verse at a time. :)

      Pam

      Delete
  4. Jane & Pam... thank you very much for writing and sharing this poem. Technically, it is flawless, and that is important. But, far greater is the mean, both evident and underlying. I found myself nodding my head, in approval, as I read through it... and I really took it to heart, because I have been blessed with just such a friend. We have stuck together, through good times and bad, and I cannot envision that ever ending... oh, and to make things ever better, for this moment... she is Canadian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful Michael. Yes such friendships can be so rewarding, can't they. I'm so pleased you like this poem so much. I'm sure Jane agrees wholeheartedly.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful poem. So full of love and empathy., and so enjoyed. Well done to you both. my warmest best wishes. Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do so agree with you, Rhyme. True friends are those special gifts and blessings! Beautifully said! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very "rich" poem about what a true friend is. Nicely done, Jane and Pam. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, David Austin, for the following--

    Friends are truly like gold and even more priceless. Congrats on this one,. Love, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go with this great collaborative work..I enjoyed reading it today..Sara

    ReplyDelete