Monday, September 8, 2014

Autumn Time--By Christine Tate--United States

Autumn Time

I love the change of seasons
as my anticipation grows,
from the awakening in springtime
to the first flakes of snow...
but it's magical for me
when autumn draws near
with its multi-colored show,
it's my favorite time of year!

The orange harvest moon
casts shadows down below,
I love pumpkin and apple picking,
swirling leaves, and scarecrows.
the aroma of pies baking,
the crunch of fallen leaves,
it's the season for hayrides
and the gathering of sheaves.

I savor every moment
while autumn time is here,
and give thanks to the Lord
for this vibrant time of year!

Christine Tate lives in New Jersey. She is the mother of three married sons and has eight grandchildren. She started writing inspirational poetry in 1994, and is blessed to encourage others and honor the Lord. She was widowed in 2007 and met her new husband Artie, a widower, in the nursing facility where their late mothers resided. They've been happily married for 2 1/2 years. Since neither of them ever expected to marry again, they consider it a "divine appt."

14 comments:

  1. September is my favorite month. Nothing but good things happen for me in this month. Part of what makes it so special are things you focus on here. I love a good poem. I love feeling I am in sync with the writer. I love "Autumn Time" as you describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Myke for taking the time to read & comment on my poem. Autumn evokes many memories for me. Best wishes, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes. Love it. Love the autumn season. Very nice poem, Christine. I really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maurice for your lovely comment, I appreciate it. God bless you, ~Chris

      Delete
  4. Christine, again you warmed my soul with your lovely and inspired poetry. This poem reflects my thoughts as I think on the Autumn season that heralds the coming winter snows that seems to purify all nature. Living in a place with four seasons, affords new and appreciated beauty for me. Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlene...I'm so glad to know my poem inspired you. Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I too love the four seasons, especially autumn. Blessings to you...Love, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Christine,

    Autumn seems to be the favorite time of year for many people because of the many things you describe so vividly in your poem - harvest moons, hayrides, colorful displays by trees.

    (I too was raised in New Jersey.) When I lived there, I looked forward to the warm hues of autumn as well as the first snowflakes. What a delightful poem!

    Love,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carolyn, Thank you for taking the time to read & comment on my poem. I appreciate it very much. I remember you saying you were raised in NJ. I'm a transplanted Long Islander, but the seasons are the same here. God bless...Love, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn is my favorite time of year - your expression covered all my feelings as well for the coming season. Beautiful...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Rhoda, I appreciate your comments very much. Yes, autumn is a beautiful, breathtaking season. Too bad winter follows though! Makes spring that more appealing! Sincerely, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful seasonal poem, Christine. Love the imagery and colors! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the lovely comment Sheri. I appreciate you stopping by to read my poem!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Suzanne Clement, for follow--

    What a lovely way you describe autumn that our Lord creates yearly, Christine. Thank you.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Gerald Heyder, for the following--

    Dear Christine--thank you for your kind comments. Your poem, "Autumn Time," is special because autumn is my favorite season and pumpkin pie is my favorite pie! A very descriptive poem. Perhaps we are kindred spirits, who knows?!

    ReplyDelete