Friday, September 26, 2014

Layer upon Layer--By Lisa DeVinney--United States

Layer upon Layer

Layer upon layer
the canvas fills
colors blending
textures building
patterns evolving
each layer adding to the one before
until the final stroke reveals
the finished work
a completion of
the master plan
birthed in the artist’s heart
delivered through patient
purposeful strokes
layer upon layer
beautiful in its complexity
a masterpiece
as we are God's

Lisa DeVinney is a homemaker and mother of six in upstate New York. She enjoys photography and writing devotional poetry in her spare time. Lisa is the author of several books, including a devotional entitled I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes. She also maintains her own website at liftingmyeyes.com

8 comments:

  1. love this Lisa. Words that paint their own picture
    Maureen S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Maureen. I'm glad to know you were blessed in reading. :) Lisa

      Delete
  2. Lisa, what a beautiful word painting. I know the procedure, too, as I am an artist and it is always exciting to see how the layers grow and grow, seeming to explode to the finale. Always grand to read you here at Whispers. Come check my website at: www.poetryandbeyond.net - love to see you there, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts with me, Sheri. I spent a few minutes at your site and was delighted! I hope to get back there soon. Lisa

      Delete
  3. Very well put, Lisa. Outstanding poem. Faith-filled and welcoming. Nice job. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So wonderful to read that you found the words faith-filled and welcoming. Both are so essential to me. And I'm blessed to know that others find it in my words, too. Blessings! Lisa

      Delete
  4. Lisa, I really love our wonderful poem as I am an artist also and know the procedures in coming up with a finished product. It amazes me every time, how a painting, a poster or church newsletter with clip art or such doesn't come together at first but takes that last 'brush stroke' as you say and then you know it is done. It takes one step at a time even like writing poetry finally comes together. I surely appreciated this excellent poem. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlene, your words bless my heart. I am not an artist. But sure find myself inspired by those of you who are. Thanks for encouraging my heart this day. :)
      Lisa

      Delete