Friday, September 19, 2014

A Simpler Place and Time--By John Polselli--United States

A Simpler Place and Time

Hold the moonbeams in your arms
and take them with you
Grab a cloud and pick a star from the sky
Cast them on the ocean
and make a road for two
leading to a new world
made for me and you

When the city gets too much for you to live
in neon lights during hectic nights
in crowded stores
I’ll take your hand and show you
a simpler place and time
where we can both be happy
and our love will shine

John Polselli’s poetry has been published in many literary journals and is the recipient of several Editor’s Choice Awards.  As a poet, John enjoys composing in all traditional forms including free verse as well as inventing his own.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, John, I love your poem and if it were possible, I could produce some awesome background, digital art to go with your poem of moonbeams and all the beautiful inspiration God provides us. Your poem, to me, is a beautiful compilation of these wonders. Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John, I am so impressed with your free style poem that is so full of lovely imagery. Thank you for sharing a well written poem and your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be one of my favorites, John...being a "Dreamer", your poem has taken me to "another time and place" where life is lived as it should be! I enjoyed reading this (twice) Thank you for sharing it and hope to read more. Enjoy your weekend! God bless! Always, Annalise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. What a lovely and passionate poem, "A Simpler Place and Time" is. Simple is nice; simple is very nice. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Everyone,

    Thank you for all the lovely comments on John's wonderful poem. I will send your comments to him. Congratulations, John, on the success of this one! Wishing you the best with all your writing endeavors my friend.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete