Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Early Morn--By Anne R. C. Neale--United States

The Early Morn

The cold cool air of the early morn
Is very invigorating to me,
It wakes me up to a beautiful sunrise
Which is so glorious for me to see,

Watching the elongated shadows shorten
As the sun seems to be rising in the sky ,
And the glistening of the silver dew drops on the green grass
Is so relaxing, I sigh.

The noise of cars moving on the street
With people going to work you see,
Breaks into the beauty of the early morn.
It interrupts nature’s tranquility.

This peaceful solitude in the early morn
Is a gift to you from the Almighty God,
He wants you to have a lovely day
He starts it with God's beauty in the early morning on earth's sod.

Anne R. C. Neale is 85 years old.  She taught outdoor education for 20 years.  Anne still works at school as crossing guard.   She has sent six free poems daily to 165 people for the past 18 years. She been writing poems since the age of 8 and has all of them in albums.  She resides in New Jersey .

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Anne! Welcome to this Whispers family! Your poem is beautiful and I also hear these lovely sounds in the morning as I am jogging in early hours. The silence is breathtaking and yet, all the "natural" sounds are such beautiful whispering voices which fill me in this one-on-one moment. Beautiful poem, Anne! Sheri / www.poetryandbeyond.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anne, Welcome to Whispers. We are so happy you joined us. My favorite time of day is in the early morning. The solitude invites me to express my gratitude for all the good Lord has blessed not only me but all with. thank you for sharing your lovely poem. I enjoyed it a great deal.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anne. Thank you for sharing some beautiful moments of the early morning time. I do love this time where it is quiet and I can meditate and pray, collect my thoughts and plan my day. The birds will sometimes even join in with a song. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne. I enjoyed the simplicity and joy of the early morning expressed in your poem. I, too, love listening to early morning sounds and love the glistening of the dew which looks like gold and blue jewels and then disappears Lovely, very nice write. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete