Thursday, December 12, 2013

Gift for the Christ Child--By A. Michele Leslie--United States

Gift for the Christ Child

"They then spoke to the angel of Yahweh standing among the myrtles; they said, 'We have been patrolling the world, and see, the whole world is at peace and rest."

I have lit that star.
I have strewn mint
on the ground,
that the scent
of that sacred place
be sweet; I have
prepared the stable
perfectly, except

the blossoms of the myrtle tree
you love
will not be plucked.

Oh do not ask that I
give nothing more
than tamar, myrrh,
and dawn.

A. Michele Leslie is a poet and playwright who lives in Minneapolis with her husband, David, and two cats.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your poem immensely Michele and what a gift the Christ Child is to us! I only wish that our earth was at peace and rest; one day it might be but until that day comes we can keep praying and believing, Amen and hallelujah! Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that lovely poem. It made me think of what I could give Jesus this Christmas season. I am giving Him my heart. Thank you for sharing is well written poem.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, I love the way you prepare for the holiday season. It was the star that guided the wise men to the Christ child's manger. Homes with real trees are filled with the wonderful fragrance of pine. It's the spirit of Christmas that lives in our hearts and this poem stirred memories of past holidays. Have a blessed holiday season, Carolyn Devonshire

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I think of our Savior's Birth I am filled with joy of His coming. The day He went away was a time of gloom - but, because of Him we were all saved. Just think how many ungrateful people are out there who don't even care or recognize what Christmas is all about. Happy Birthday Jesus!...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one, Michele. Thanks for sharing.

    --Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications, Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete