Saturday, December 7, 2013

Time Travel--By Brian Whatcott--United States

Time Travel

looking at the camera, smiling,
two kids, it was the strangest thing,
I caught a glimpse of one, the smallest clone
now fifty, looking back on the whole wing-ding...
Mommy gone, Daddy gone, there for a moment, alone
while she somehow gazed back upon the snowy scene
I saw and thought of how it might have been.

Brian Whatcott is a writer from Oklahoma. He and his wife, Norma, have three children. He enjoys flying, sailing and water-skiing.

6 comments:

  1. Your poetry gives one something to ponder - nice expression...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brian,

    Glad to see you already received a nice comment. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent here. Please let me know if you have any questions. Keep up the good writing.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, looking back does have it's nostalgic moments. I enjoyed your poem. Thank you for sharing it and welcome to Whispers,
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, your poem resurrected many wonderful memories for me. There have been occasions when I wished time would stand still. Oh, to have my family once more -- a brother pulling me on a sled, a sister ice skating with me and loving parents who were such a blessing. Beautiful! Have a merry Christmas, Carolyn Devonshire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one, Brian. Thanks for sharing.

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications, Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the welcome and the kind thoughts, folks. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete