Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Parting--By Yvonne Sparkes--England

The Parting

Think of me by starlight, think of me by day.
Think of me a little, somewhere along the way
Think of me with kindness, always with a smile,
Let your thoughts bend to me, stay with me for awhile.

Give me room to dwell, with your fonder feelings there,
Remember how I looked to you, the colour of my hair.
Always in those moments of your peace and solitude
No angry thoughts should enter, so regrets cannot intrude.

If parting brings us sorrow, let nothing cause regrets,
Or love can turn to bitterness and all that it begets.
Just keep me in the birdsong, the flowers of your spring,
Remember how I made you laugh, and caused your heart to sing.

Born on Feb. 27, 1940 in Barkingside, Essex, England, Yvonne Sparkes,  immigrated to New York in April, 1948 with her parents.  She now resides in Chelmsford, Essex and has two sons.  She has a book published by Cyberwit called Captured Images.  A writer for many years, Yvonne has been published in Israel, Germany, France, Australia, America, and Britain.  She has read her poetry in public at Church and Knockout Competitions. Her hobbies are travel, the arts, reading, hiking, taking her Scottish Terrier for walks, and spending time with family and friends.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jack Horne, for the following comment--

    beautiful and very wise write

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda Hurdwell, for the following comment--

    A very poignant and poetical poem. A pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a poem that tugged on my heart strings. No one ever wants to be forgotten but always remembered. Let us each put our mark on this world as being lovely in thought word and deed. I loved the poem.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne, your poem touched my heart. As we get older, we think of how we want to be remembered and you described many ways beautifully. One line really hit home for me: "Remember how I made you laugh, and caused your heart to sing." Wishing you a happy holiday season, Carolyn Devonshire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Yvonne, for the slice of joy in your poem. Congratulations also on being published in various countries. That is a blessing. Continued success.

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications, Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete