Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Activity Editor's Thoughts--By Michael Escoubas--United States

Dear Whispers’ Friends,

I like to write poetry because poetry gives me a way of expressing myself within the chaos of modern life. We poets have something to offer which can be read in seconds, yet, affect people for a lifetime.

Whispers allows so many people, worldwide, to form a community of blessings and hope through the medium of poetry. What an honor to be among an ever-growing family that has found refuge, acceptance, and opportunity through the common denominator of this journal.

What Will Bring Us Together?

It can begin with clouds*
     we share them
          we are all under them.

We sense their frailty
    we are made wet
          by their storms,

and strengthened when the sun
    sends its bright beams
         arcing in rainbows.

Michael Escoubas, Whispers’ Activity Editor

*“It can begin with clouds,” from Notes on the Assemblage, by Juan Felipe Herrera,
United States Poet Laureate.

10 comments:

  1. Whispers is a wonderful commumnity to be sure Michael. I enjoyed your piece and appreciare your work as the Activity Editor. Wishing you continued success with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Peggy,
    Appreciate your gracious greeting,and notice given the column.
    With high regard and best wishes,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Michael,
    What a warm welcome you have given the Whisper's Community, and your poem demonstrates our inter-relatedness so well--clouds is a superb extended metaphor in how nature affects us--and by the way we live, we affect all of nature.

    You honor all of us by taking on the the post of Activities Directors. Looking forward to your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Nila Webster for the following--

    I'm very inspired that Michael has take over the role of the Activity Editor for Whispers. I always love what he writes as I do for what you write. He is a great contributor and his thoughts are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nila
      So pleased that my contributions have been noticed.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Dear Michael,

    As we journey forth, a staff of two, I agree with Nila. You share my vision and look forward to you getting to know our talented contributors better in the months to come. I am so grateful for you!

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Karen,
      I cannot think of anyone I would rather journey with than you. What a blessing to be your apprentice in ongoing growth.
      Blessings,
      Michael

      Delete
  6. Dear Jo
    I'm inspired and motivated by your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Michael, What an awesome responsibility. Thank you for being willing be Activity Editor for Karen and all of us who so much enjoy this community of poetry loving individuals. I know Karen will be blessed by your efforts I look forward to the activities you will choose. And I enjoyed "What Will Bring Us Together". Surely the activities you choose.
    Sincerely, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Charlene,
    Thank you for your gracious greeting.
    I'm learning so much about the Whispers' community through the September exercise "Getting to Know You." Surely, Whispers' is community of poets steeped in love.
    Blessings,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete