Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Color Blind--By Connie Marcum Wong--United States

Color Blind

I approach her with the same
Love I approach my family with.
Her skin is black.
I try to speak a few words in her
Native language to welcome her.
Her skin is brown.
I married a Chinese/Hawaiian
and our child is beautiful.
Her skin is yellow/brown.
I write poetry about the Native
Americans to celebrate them.
Their skin is red.
I fit in with every race because
My color contains all colors.
My skin is white.

Connie Marcum Wong has been the Web Mistress of a private poetry forum Poetry for Thought since October 1999. Her poetry has been in many publications, anthologies, magazines, and e-zines over the years. She published her first poetry chapbook, Island Creations in 2005. In 2007, Heart Blossoms was published. In January 2010, an anthology, A Poetry Bridge to All Nations, was published by Lulu Enterprises, Inc. Connie created the 'Constanza' poetry form in 2007 and Con-Verse form in 2010. She has resided with her husband in Hawaii since 1980.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, love comes in all colors! Beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie,
    A beautiful poem. If the world could be "color blind between the races" and religions, what a better place it would be.
    ~Davidf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing "Color Blind," Connie. What a delightful world we would have if everyone was "Color Blind." Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Connie

    We should all be Colour Blind and the world would indeed be a better place Connie

    I love this poem and its subtle message

    Write On

    Aloha

    George

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a meaningful poem with a very profound message.
    I loved this grand thought you impart.
    Love,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Yvonne. It is so nice to see you visit. I hope you are well. I shall have to look for your latest poem. Blessings my friend, Connie

      Delete