Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Invisible Touch--By George L. Ellison--England

Invisible Touch

One more night that’s all I ask
Do you remember Sussudio?
When we had separate lives
Our Two hearts were in
Two different worlds every day
Then our true colours appeared
As I followed you just as you had followed me
When an invisible touch in the air tonight
Meant something happened
On the way to heaven
As our land of confusion
Became another day in paradise

George L. Ellison is a writer of poetry and short stories. He has published three books called Poetic Reminiscences, Weaving Words and Reflections. George lives with his wife and dogs in Chester-Le-Street, County Durham in England. He is a member of The Writers and Poetry Alliance and owner of Poetry and short story ink.  George has a Facebook Author page and is currently working on various projects as well as learning to play the saxophone at the Sage Gateshead!

8 comments:

  1. George, there is a sense of longing in this pensive piece that I relate to. Well written and enjoyable. Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it is pensive as you say Connie however I just let the Genesis/Collins song titles fall into place and this is the result, I'm pleased you like it enough to comment!

      I enjoy doing these challenges and I have others to my name some of which can be found in my books!

      Thank you for reading and for your kind comments and if you ever get stuck for something to write give the=is a go with any artist of you choice!

      Thanks again

      Aloha

      George

      Delete
  2. Very clever, using titles to create a poem! And I love Phil Collins! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Poppy I'm pleased you like my poem so much to reply your kind comments are very much appreciated!

      Blessings

      George

      Delete
  3. Wow. Very nicely done, George. I love the way you weaved Genesis and Phil Collins into your poem. I really enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Genesis as a group and Phil Collins as a soloist. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maurice for regularly reading and commenting on my work I'm pleased you enjoyed reading my poem based on your (and one of my) favourite artists the joy was mine in writing it!

      Blessings

      George

      Delete
  4. Great imagination George, what a tribute to Genesis and Phil Collins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie for your kind comments, it might be a great imagination as you say, but I just play with song titles and add a few words to tell a story!

      I may well post another in a few months but as I say it's a good way to get your muse going when you get writers block!

      Thanks again

      Blessings

      George

      Delete