Saturday, August 27, 2016

This is my last letter--By Jan Oskar Hansen--Portugal

This is my last letter

I have loved you   from the first time I saw you
Something about your eyes
And the kindness of your heart
You know if you can explain love there is none
You are going on a long journey
With your man and that is OK
And when you return I will not be here
I just want to tell you how much I love you
How much I enjoyed your breath
The aroma of your body when you’re teasing
Me with your youth and my old age
I did not even hope but took the nearness of you
As a dulcet dream unobtainable.
Love is a rainbow it does not tell you where it falls
Good bye my darling thinking of you
Has eased the burden of my later years

Jan Oskar Hansen is a published poet from Portugal.

4 comments:

  1. Jan,
    A beautiful love poem. I enjoyed it a lot!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jan,
    Unique poem--so expressive and heartfelt.
    One has a sense of a sensitive soul.
    I'm so glad I opened Whispers' today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jan,
    Unique poem--so expressive and heartfelt.
    One has a sense of a sensitive soul.
    I'm so glad I opened Whispers' today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely poem. I particularly liked this line:Love is a rainbow it does not tell you where it falls.

    ReplyDelete