Monday, August 15, 2016

Who Are We?--By Renee’ Drummond-Brown--United States

Who Are We?

I don’t know us anymore
Has time re-written our lies
Do we not speak
Of truths
Yet
Rely on blind guides
The poetic scribes
Tell tales
O’
Seasons
For all time
Don’t know us anymore
No heart beat
Nada rhythm
Nor rhyme
Just texting’s left
As
Zombies silently cry
Who are we?
I don’t know anymore.

Renee’ Drummond-Brown, is an accomplished poetess/writer. She is a graduate of Geneva College (CUBM) with experience in creative writing. She is working on her fourth book and has numerous works published globally. Her love for creative writing is undoubtedly displayed through her very unique style of poetry. Renee’ is inspired by non-other than Dr. Maya Angelou, because of her, Renee’ pledges “Still I write, I write, and I’ll write!”

6 comments:

  1. Renee',
    Very creative! I liked it a lot. Maya Angelou is one of my favorite poets, too!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee' thank you for "Who Are We?" It is a beautiful poem that triggers one to think. Very well done. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Renee',

    It is wonderful to see you have three comments on your thoughts-provoking poem. Welcome to Whispers! I hope you enjoy your time spent here. Happy Writing!

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you Renee'!

    It is because of your UNIQUE style of writing, that led me to an appreciation of poetry!

    Joy Johnson

    ReplyDelete