Saturday, August 6, 2016

Faithful Friend--By Annie Jenkin--England

Faithful Friend

Hope
a word
of simple
sound of simple
form burns bright within
me. Reaching out, it casts
aside doubt when worries shake
their fists to pound my world. Like the
glow of a hand that holds mine tight, Hope
- my faithful friend who stops me falling down.

Annie Jenkin lives in Plymouth, England. Having not written poetry for many years, Annie has returned to poetry writing with enthusiasm. Her writing explores several subject areas that are insightful, humorous but can also be sensitive.

10 comments:

  1. Annie,
    A lovely etheree I haven't ever written one of these yet, but the wrap-around format(some lines including bits of pieces of sentences) in your poem gives me hope...
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, I have to confess, it was Michael Escoubas who put me on to this form. They can be quite addictive but fun, so do have a go.

      Delete
  2. Hi Annie,
    I enjoyed your etheree very much. They are addictive. They allow so many moods, and there's a playfulness in doing them, don't you think?

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most certainly Jo, they can be manipulated to express so many stories and images. Thank you for your comments
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice reflection in "Hope," Annie. Thank you for sharing this delightful poem. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to be reminded to hope. Well done.
    Mary Ricketson

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see two titles here in this lovely Etheree style poem the other one being "Hope" !

    I t is a while since I did the Etheree style which of course can go on and on as double, triple or even Quad if you have enough to say by reversing the syllable count each time !

    as for your poem I loved it though as it was wordwrapped i had to read it through a second time to rally appreciate the poems message and it is a good one,

    Well done Annie

    Write On You Right Well

    Blessings

    George

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you George, Sorry it has taken so long in getting back to you. I am not sure I would have the ideas to do a triple or a quad Etheree.

    ReplyDelete