Sunday, August 14, 2016

Delights of Autumn--By Maurice J. Reynolds--United States

Delights of Autumn

Lemonade cravings,
lazy moods,
sentiment remembering’s,
hypnotic currents of air
that caress the body,
soothing melodies from
the "bird" choir,
anticipation of nature's
changing landscape,
a smile for no reason 
other than the season,
an evening walk downtown
just for the sake of creating
a memory.

Maurice J. Reynolds is a freelance writer who has had material published in various publications.  He is the owner of To God be the Glory! Publications, a literary ministry that produces the poetry publication Creative Inspirations.  More information can be found at: www.tgbtgpublictions.com

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ken. Glad you liked the poem. I appreciate the feedback.

      -MJ

      Delete
  2. A delicious invitation to take another walk downtown....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick. Yes, I believe my wife and I will be going downtown on our date night this evening. What a wonderful opportunity to create another memory. Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed the poem.

      -MJ

      Delete
  3. Maurice,
    This is beautiful. I loved it! You inspire greatly with your words.
    ~Davidf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David, my friend. I am glad you enjoyed the poem and I am grateful for your feedback.

      -MJ

      Delete
    2. There is nothing like a walk in the cool evening air Maurice and your poem describes it beautifully!

      Write On

      George

      Delete
    3. Hello George. Thank you for your kind remarks. I absolutely love the autumn season. Definitely my favorite. -MJ

      Delete
  4. We can enjoy your walk with you and your wife too with all the vivid description you used.
    What a opportune time to breathe in the changing seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Jo. What a wonderful walk the season of autumn produces. I just love the season. Thank you for your kind remarks. I appreciate them. -MJ

      Delete
  5. "a smile for no reason other than the season," I especially love these lines. But the whole poem is a beautiful reminder of the season to come. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete