Friday, August 26, 2016

Fibonacci Poems--By Ralph Stott--England

Flowers of Cellophane

With
cooled
water,
our kettle
for two, replenished
our anniversary bouquet.

The Vineyard

Sun
down
and the
pebbles were
still warm to the touch,
when I recalled the buddist's words.

Open House

Through
the
open
doors, I glimpsed
the twinkle of the
altar flame, deep in the darkness.

Ralph Stott was born in Kent, England in 1957. He is married and has two daughters.  He studied design at the Medway College of Design in the mid-70's. Expressing ideas through the written/visual media, has always interested him. Ralph began to dedicate more time to poetry with The Writers and Poetry Alliance, in particular the 'Stylists' forum, over the last 3 years. He has self published one book called Legends For Lunchtime; a collection of short stories and has a second book pending called The Sounding.

4 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of the fibonacci form until now. How inspiring! Your poems are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph,
    Some beautiful fibonaccis! I believe it's Buddhist with an "H", though. Other than that little correction, these were flawless!
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was too preoccupied with syllable counting, to spot typo! Thank you for your kind comments. I've a sketch book with a few more for my September submission. Ralph.

    ReplyDelete