Saturday, March 14, 2015

Loved Ones--By Isha Wagner--New Zealand

Loved Ones

I see them walking around the streets
Disguised in simulated faces
Sometimes a bemused expression
Or rarely a thrusting laugh
And seldom quizzical eyes

I say hello to them in a whisper
They are unaware I know we are
All of each other.
In a hurry now as I see my
dead daughter's beautiful, happy look
her lips open as she smiles
to the man holding her arm.

Oh, it's all here, everywhere
In the office my son's gleaming intelligence
shimmering in the neon
just a flicker then it's gone

No need to wonder any more.

Isha Wagner is a New Zealand poet. She has resided in many countries including Iceland, Libya, India, and Australia.  She read some of her work at the VIII International Poetry Festival held in Granada, Nicaragua, in February 2012. She has had three collections of poetry published.

8 comments:

  1. And the faces I see
    projecting images to me
    are the faces I see
    reflecting images of me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so aptly you write of some of my dreams where I am chasing a loved one who has passed on! Isha, it is always pure joy to read your work as it is full of depth, great emotion and yet totally proves that WE ARE ALL related! Love reading your work! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isha, those quick glimpses into the afterlife remind us of the love we shared when loved ones were with us and what a comfort to have those images come to our minds, that I believe are some of God's tender mercies. Thank you for sharing your talent in this well written poem.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Very nice poem, Isha. Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isha, your word choice is exacting and powerful. I especially like the following:

    Disguised in simulated faces
    Sometimes a bemused expression
    Or rarely a thrusting laugh
    And seldom quizzical eyes

    I look forward to reading more of your work. VT

    ReplyDelete