Thursday, March 13, 2014

April--By Janet Vick--United States

April

As gypsy winds ensnare the inner child
with jasmine blossoms scenting up the air
and spring’s inspiring rebirth...nature’s wild
awakening, replenishing what’s bare.
Azalea smiles in colors, lilacs peak
while inner child is laughing, full of glee.
Each day a new discovery to seek
around the country edges growing free.
Yet dusty pollen layers budding leaves,
encoded sinuses respond in kind.
The beauty, allergies and Kleenex sleeves
for sneezes, teary eyes but hopeful mind.
So little pill from heaven do your stuff,
desensitize the pollen’s sneezy snuff.

Janet lives in rural Suffolk, Virginia with her husband, Randy. She loves the fresh air and space of country living. She works as a Registered Nurse in surgery. She is a mother of one and grandmother of two.

12 comments:

  1. Janet I really loved your spring time poem and oh yes I can relate to the allergies and Kleenex sleeves for sneezes as well as the teary eyes. I really enjoyed the way you described what the 'allergy season" does to one's self. A really great read.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Charlene for your wonderful comments. I love spring but don't look forward to the Kleenex brigade. Glad you enjoyed this, now if we can get on with spring and leave winter behind. Take care. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! It is that time of year and the sniffles, red, swollen eyes and itchy throat - well....... looks like you can relate............ cute and fun poem. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments and so glad you enjoyed. Janet

      Delete
  4. I can so relate to your poetry, but I seem to have the 'sneezes' all year long. Maybe a little allergic to my Kitty Gracie. Loved reading you this morning...

    Rhoda Galgiani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhoda. Greatly appreciate your comment. Janet

      Delete
  5. Dear Janet,

    Loved the imagery as you described the coming Spring. I also suffer from allergies and have been sneezing like crazy lately but I got a laugh from your last 2 lines very funny!

    Sandra Stefanowich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you a little laughter with the sneezes....Take care. Janet

      Delete
  6. Dear Janet,
    I think we all find our "inner child" each spring as we anticipate the beauty of nature and blooms that fill our world with color and joy. Sorry to hear you have allergies and I know this is a rough time of year for many, but the joy of watching each flower bloom surpasses any ill feelings the allergies bring. Love your poem! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I am blessed that my allergies are not too bad...I can still be outside enjoying....Janet

      Delete
    2. Amusingly poetic... beautiful imagery... Tery

      Delete
  7. Hi Janet. I think this is the first time I have read a poem that speaks of allergies, but it is very delightful. Just goes to further beautify the gift of poetry. You have given us a fun and informative poem to enjoy. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications / Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete