Friday, March 14, 2014

crossword puzzle...--By Poppy Herrin--United States

crossword puzzle
d
o
w
n
a c r o s s
spaces between us
words cannot fill

Poppy Herrin is married to the love of her life Jason, and together they have four daughters and one grandson. She is originally from Laurel, Mississippi, but recently relocated to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. By day she makes a living as a medical transcriptionist, and by night she works toward living the dream as a writer. Her poems have appeared in many publications and have received various contest awards.

8 comments:

  1. Poppy, your poem is unique and yet it all is a wonderful definition of distance coming together, the emptiness in-between and when read one can see the miles of separation. Very creative and uniquely expressed. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, I loved this unusual creative poem, so well written. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us here on Whispers.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Poppy,

    I enjoyed your crossword poem very much it is very creative and so much said in so few words. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

    Sandra Stefanowich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. Short and concise. Very powerful. Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy -

    This a gem of piece of poetry. What a creative mind you have.

    love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Poppy,
    Truly a very profound poem. There are spaces between us that sometimes create an impass. I love the way you tie them together with this unique perspective! Best wishes, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poppy, I echo what everyone else has already written about "Crossword Puzzle;" it is very profound and tasty. Short, sweet and to the point. Nice write. Thanks for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications / Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I apologize for my late thank you, but I do appreciate all of your time and comments. Your encouraging words remind me why I write poetry and why I want to write it again. Life does get in the way sometimes, but I do need to make room for my favorite hobby. Thank you all again!

    ReplyDelete