Friday, March 21, 2014

Cradle My Tears, Moon--By Nikko Palmario--Philippines

Cradle My Tears, Moon

The moon's bow beckons to me,
wind's frosty fingers
entwining mine,
and I lay myself on the balcony's ledge

immersing, losing myself
under that inky blanket sea

the clouds rolling past, so fast,
skimming like waves veiling moonlight,
then letting it peek through
like a shy bride

beautiful, so beautiful
a gentle glow of soul
a silent lullaby that rocks me

If only for a moment
I keep my cradle of tears at bay,
as I let the moon do the weeping for me.

-------------------------------------------------

Debussy's Clair de Lune
now mingles in my mind like soft smoke
and tears come streaming...
Tired, so tired am I.

Nikko Palmario is someone who enjoys dabbling with words and chocolate.

10 comments:

  1. I can see your love of chocolate in this smooth piece! The moonlight sonata by Beethoven may beckon you too! Enjoyed your piece. Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nikko,
    I love your imagery in this gentle, tender poem, especially "the clouds rolling past, so fast,
    skimming like waves veiling moonlight." Your poetry always makes me smile. What a treat it is to read your words on Whispers. Love and blessings, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikko, thank you for sharing your talent once again and for such a lovely and gentle piece. I thoroughly enjoyed the read.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Nikko,

    A beautifully, descriptive poem as one settles in for the night and lets go under a moonlit sky. Your words are always a pleasure to read Nikko. I hope you are doing well.

    Love Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikko, I, too, crave chocolate and it is very inspiring to savor and emerge with a lovely write such as yours. There is so much to be said for a bite or two of chocolate, and long glimpse at the beautiful, intense moon, and a creative mind that becomes stirred up in this moment........ beautiful! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully said, Nikko! So serene. Thank you for taking me there. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful poem up there with the very best. I just love it. some really great lines poetic and artful. very well done. A real classic write and a fav for me. Well done. best wishes. Peter Dome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Jack Horne, for the following comment--

    loved this heartfelt piece

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice description, Nikko. I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -Maurice J. Reynolds, Owner / Editor
    TGBTG! Publications / Creative Inspirations
    www.tgbtgpublictions.com

    ReplyDelete