Saturday, December 13, 2014

Special Feature Collaborative Poem---By Angelee Deodhar, Arvinder Kaur and Paresh Tiwari--India

White Horizon

By Angelee Deodhar, Arvinder Kaur and Paresh Tiwari

'Tis time to leave
the cold within and venture out
to search for a tree
to deck in warmth

of the cables on a sweater -
forgetting the dark alleys
of the years gone by

I swig another
charcoal filtered verse.
with coarse fingers
these memories unwrap me
under the watchful eyes of
the bedside lamp

other voices follow
whispering of loves lost
unsaid goodbyes
till axe in hand
I stomp into the snowy
Christmas tree farm

tiny rivulets
string together unsaid words
into a song of silence
as we walk together

leaving nothing
on the ends of a sky that
stretches the horizons.

Ekphrasis is based on  Andrew Wyeth's painting House

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Karen,and thank you Arvinder and Paresh for participating in our collaborative venture.
    angelee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Angelee, Arvinder, and Paresh for sharing this wonderful poem for Whispers. Welcome Arvinder and Paresh! I hope you both consider submitting an individual poem for our online journal. Best wishes to all of you in your writing endeavors.

    Warm regards,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Patricia Nolan, for the following--

    I especially like the lines, 'forgetting the dark alleys/ of years gone by' Since I am quite familiar with that Wyeth painting, I think you have written amazing words in ekphrasis mode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very evocative work..evoking feelings and images

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angelee, Arvinder and Paresh,
    I like this. I have always been a big fan of ekprastic poetry, turning a piece of artwork into a poem isn't always the easiest thing to do. You should all be commended on a fine job!
    Your new friend (although I have commented on one of Angelee's poems before),
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angelee, Arvinder and Paresh,
    This is so wonderfully rich with imagery and it drew me in with your first line and kept me enmeshed throughout. You really made me "leave the cold within and venture out" as I followed my own visualization based on your vivid words. Fabulous and thank you so much for sharing this with us.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all Arvinder and Paresh welcome to Whispers. We are glad you joined us. I am looking forward to reading your individual works. Angelee, Arvinder, and Paresh what an incredible collaboration. I very much enjoyed the well written poem. I learned a new term for a type of poetry, ekphrasis, turning a piece of artwork into a poem. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Sincerely, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely collaboration this poem is. My compliments to all three of you! Blessings this Holiday season, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really evocative write, flowing well from three gifted authors..'

    ReplyDelete