Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Evolution Rising--Scott Thomas Outlar--United States

Evolution Rising

You have carved your initials
into the flesh of my heart
using words full of love
that cause my cup to overflow.

This ocean of emotions
that bursts in my chest
bleeds from a sacred wound
which I would never seek to close.

Come with me, sweet swan,
and swim in this sea of tears;
every drop from my eyes
is born of pure bliss.

Come with me, sweet swallow,
and soar in the sky toward the heavens;
every flap of my wings
is guided by your angelic breath.

Scott Thomas Outlar hosts the site 17Numa.wordpress.com where links to his published poetry, fiction, essays, and interviews can be found. He has three poetry collections currently available: Songs of a Dissident (Transcendent Zero Press, 2015), Happy Hour Hallelujah (CTU Publishing, 2016), and Chaos Songs (Weasel Press, 2016).

2 comments:

  1. Dear Scott,
    Really appreciate your skillful use of language in this poem.
    What a blessing!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful poem, Scott. I especially love the second stanza. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete