Saturday, March 10, 2018

A Glimpse of The Ineffable--By Shannon Kelly--United States

A Glimpse of The Ineffable 

Navigating home, I see His finger touch
The clouds above, illuminating the sky
In a magnificent array of gold and periwinkle
Light orbiting the Son, settling on my path
I drift through blessed clouds
Unable to see the road
Regardless, I trust the golden glow
Solace sings triumph beyond the mystified fog
Adversity thrives only when fed
A journey lies ahead
Not easily traversed
But I cherish each step
In every breath
I absorb my space and time
For it matters not what lay ahead through the fog
I trust
That a nurtured present
Will reap well beyond what I can touch

Shannon Kelly is a Sophomore at the University of South Florida where she studies Psychology, German, Creative Writing, and Theater. She enjoys writing poetry, short stories, and novels.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Shannon, Thank you for your contribution, a poem with a lot of imagery, gives us something to think about.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shannon. I enjoyed your poem. Thank you for sharing it. Continued blessings in your studies and writing endeavors.

    -MJ
    (www.creativeinspirationspp.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this very much. The concept of the ineffable attracts me always. And I see you know German,. Ich auch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon,
    Beautiful poem and a lot of varied interests I see in your bio. Great job!
    Your new friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well used words Shannon, like loving what God provides. I truly
    enjoyed the presentation.
    Knight Writer

    ReplyDelete