Friday, March 30, 2018

April's Plaything (Rispetto)--By Emile Pinet--Canada

April's Plaything (Rispetto)

Yesterday, I saw my first robin of spring
and it instantly brought a smile to my heart.
Today, I heard that red breasted robin sing
a happy tune, as winter doldrums depart.
Tomorrow, showers will be April's plaything
giving nature a refreshing drink to start.
For as our wobbly world spins on its axis
it unlocks seasons and gives my heart access.

Emile Pinet was born in Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada. Many of his poems reflect the uniqueness of nature, which he loves, and his poetic observations of life in general. Emile has been writing poems since he was about 35 years old (now 67). He decided to write down his ideas and express himself through his poetry.

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful Emile! Thank you! I just read Tom's well described winter scene and felt chilly afterward. So glad to read your warm description of Spring that took me out of the "winter doldrums". I feel the words I read. Isn't that crazy. Maybe that is why I love to write; being able to put on paper what I feel is therapeutic.
    Sincerely, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emile,

    Oh how I love Spring, your poem describes it so well.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rmile,
    A nice poem. Good for you in writing in form.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very good Emile
    Sure sign spring has sprung
    Knight Writer








    ReplyDelete